Tribal Entrepreneurship Development Programme
Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), an apex industry body have embarked upon a new three-year initiative jointly for Tribal Entrepreneurship Development’. ASSOCHAM has been designated as one of several Centres of Excellence which are partnering with Ministry of Tribal Affairs to carry out special projects related to socio-economic development of Tribals.
About the programme
- The ‘Tribal Entrepreneurship Development Programme’ would optimise the contribution of tribal population to the growing economy of our country and support India’s vision of becoming Atmanirbhar.
- 1000 tribal artisans would be identified under this initiative and would be helped to create a unique brand identity with a differentiated value proposition and connect with the potential customer base through exhibitions, Virtual road shows and explore participation of the entrepreneur’s in major events across the country and internationally.
- In a bid to promote and support entrepreneurship across Indian tribal communities, efforts are underway in connecting agriculture and forest produce with markets using technology, creation of self-help groups, empowering women, and creating self-sustainable enterprises. The ‘ASSOCHAM will strive to explore avenues of promotion to create a robust tribal brand identity and in the process – build and enhance the entrepreneurial capabilities of the tribal artisans
- Through the Centres of Excellence, value addition, technology advancement and marketing of tribal products would be facilitated to the tribal communities in a more effective and efficient manner.
- Founded in the year 1920, the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India is one of the apex trade associations of India.
- It has more than 200 chambers and trade associations and around 4,50,000 members from all over India.
- The organisation represents the interests of trade and commerce in India, and acts as an interface between issues and initiatives.
- The goal of this organisation is to promote both domestic and international trade, and reduce trade barriers while fostering conducive environment for the growth of trade and industry of India.