Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2021
- Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2021 launched under the Swachh Bharat Mission Phase- 2.
- Under the survey, 17,475 villages in 698 Districts across the country will be covered.
- 87,250 public places like schools, anganwadis, public health centres, haat/bazaars/religious places in these villages will be visited for survey.
- 1,74,750 Households will be interviewed for feedback on SBM related issues. This will help in understanding the ground situation.
- Citizens can give feedback on sanitation related issues online using an application developed for the purpose.
- Swachh Survekshan is survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in cities and towns across India. It takes place every year.
- It is launched under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan initiative, which aims to make India clean and free of open defecation by 2nd October 2019.
- The first survey took place in 2016 covering 73 cities.
- The 2020 survey covered 4242 cities. It was said to be the largest cleanliness survey in the world.
- It is conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
- The Swachh Survekshan Grameen is conducted by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- To promote large scale citizen participation
- To make sure that sustainable initiatives are taken towards garbage free and open defecation free cities
- To create increased awareness among all sections of society about the significance of working together towards making towns and cities more habitable and sustainable.
- To develop a spirit of healthy competition between towns and cities, so that they provide better service delivery to citizens and work for creating cleaner cities.