state must ensure that FCI stock are used wisely to provide food for migrant workers.
India labour force & Impact of lockdown:
- one-fifth of Ind labour force is Internal Migrants
- 2011-Census → Quates of Urban Population are migrants
Impact of Lockdown:
- uncertainty and reverse migration.
- Absence of transportation.
- Inadequate preparation & Insufficient Provision.
- lack of Public places for Support.
Measure to tackle these Problem:
- use schools and Anganwadi Infra for food supply.
- Right time to use FCI stock effectively.
- sharing model (Govt to give rice & wheat, Panchayats can provide spices dhals etc).
- usage of state Disaster Relief fund.
- seek help from local community.
# Urban Plan:
- As Per Periodic-labour Force-Survey =) 6Cr Casual labours and 4 Cr of self-employed person are in urban area in 2017 and 18
- Allocate fund by Dist Collector from SDRF.
- Engage various players like NGO, charities
(i) more than 65,000 NGO's are under Nita Aayog
(Ii) NGO DARPAN Platform can be used.