Sensex ends in red after strong intraday gain
HDFC, RIL among top losers in pack
- The Indian equity benchmarks gained strong ground in the first half of the session but pared all the gains at the fag end and ended in the red.
- The 30-share Sensex, which gained nearly 880 points to touch an intra-day high of 31,568.35, closed at 30,379.81, down 310.21 points, or 1.01%.
- The broader Nifty ended the day at 8,925.30, shedding 68.55 points or 0.76%.
- Market participants attributed the fall to the overall weak trend in most markets on account of concerns related to a weak economic outlook.
- In the Sensex pack, HDFC Bank, Reliance Industries, HDFC, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Bajaj Finance contributed the maximum to the day’s losses.
- Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs), however, were net buyers at ₹1,359 crore even as their domestic counterparts sold shares worth nearly ₹1,100 crore.
blog comments powered by