SCHEMES IN NEWS
- "PM-CARES for Children" scheme.
- ‘YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors’
PM-CARES for Children" scheme.
In News, recently the central government has launched the PM-CARES for children Scheme.
Under this scheme, the govt will provide Rs 10 lakh fund, free education for teenagers orphaned (lost both parents or guardians) because of COVID.
- Under this scheme, such children will get monthly support till 18 years aged , and therefore the government also will support the child's requirements during the amount of upper education.
- On reaching the age of 23 years, the child will get the corpus amount together payment for private and professional use.
- School education: for youngsters between 11 and 18 years:
- Admission are going to be given to the kid in any Central Government residential school like Sainik School, Navodaya Vidyalaya, etc.
- If the child is admitted to a private school, the fees as per the RTE norms are going to be given from the PM CARES.
- PM CARES also will buy expenditure on uniform, textbooks, and notebooks.
Support for higher education:
- Assistance are going to be provided in obtaining an education loan for professional courses / education in India. The interest on this loan are going to be paid by the PM CARES.
- Scholarships like the schooling fees/course fees for undergraduate/ vocational courses as per government norms are going to be provided to such children under Central or government schemes.
- For children who aren't eligible under the prevailing scholarship schemes, PM CARES will provide the same scholarship.
- All children are going to be enrolled as a beneficiary under Ayushman Bharat Scheme (PM-JAY) with a insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh.
- The premium amount for these children till the age of 18 years are going to be paid by PM CARES.
Prime Minister's Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES Fund)
- Established in: March 2020
- Objective: Combat, containment, and relief efforts against the coronavirus outbreak and similar pandemic-like situations within the future.
- Composition: Prime Minister (Chairman) and other members included Union Home Minister, minister of finance , and Defence Minister.
- It is a public fund but cannot fall into the purview of the right to Information Act, 2005.
- Registered under Registration Act, 1908.
‘YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors’
In News ,recently ‘YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors’ has been executed.
- YUVA denotes for ‘Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors’.
- It is a associate of [email protected] Project Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Implementation by: National Book Trust, Ministry of Education
- Aim: To encourage young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle
- It is an author mentorship programme to train young and budding authors below the age of 30.
- Under this scheme, the authors can write on themes such as national movement, unsung heroes, freedom fighters can register themselves at mygov.in.
- The application window will be open from June 1 to July 31.
- The winners will be announced on Independence Day (August 15) and they will also get a scholarship worth Rs 50,000 per month for six months.
SOURCE: YOJANA MAGZINE