REC Limited ties up with TajSATS to provide nutritious meals to frontline healthcare workers
#GS2 #Governance #Covid19
REC Limited, a central PSU under Ministry of Power and one of India’s largest power financiers, is spearheading the mission to feed the medical staff in key government hospitals as well as poor daily wage labourers across the nation, through collaborative efforts.
- REC Foundation, the CSR arm of REC Limited, has partnered with TajSATS (a joint venture of IHCL and SATS Ltd) to distribute specially-made nutritious meal packets for medical staff in Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Every day, 300 food packets are being delivered as a gesture of gratitude to the frontline healthcare warriors of New Delhi. Over 18,000 meals will be delivered in New Delhi through this initiative.
- At the same time, REC in collaboration with various district authorities, NGOs and electricity distribution companies (DISCOMS) is already providing cooked meals and ration to the needy across the nation.
- This initiative was started when the country went under a nation-wide lockdown and will continue for the duration of the coronavirus lockdown.
About REC Limited
- REC Limited (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) is a Navratna NBFC focusing on Power Sector Financing and Development across India.
- Established in 1969, REC Limited has completed over fifty years in the area of its operations.
- It provides financial assistance across the power-sector value chain.
- Apart from this, REC is also the nodal agency for Govt. of India flagship schemes in the Power sector like Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY), Saubhagya, etc.