Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog
Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog has started a nationwide campaign to celebrate “Kamdhenu Deepawali Abhiyan” this year on the occasion of the Deepawali festival.
- Through this campaign, the RKA is promoting extensive use of cow-dung/ Panchgavya products during the Diwali Festival.
- Manufacture of Cow dung based Diyas, Candles, Dhoop, Agarbatti, Shubh-Labh, Swastik, Samrani, Hardboard, Wall-piece, Paper-weight, Havan samagri, Idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi for this year’s Diwali festival has already started.
- RKA aims to reach 11 crore families to ignite 33 crores of Diyas made of cow-dung during this year’s Deepawali festival.
- The feedback received so far is very encouraging and approximately 3 lakh Diyas will be ignited in the holy city of Ayodhya alone, 1 lakh Diyas will be lit in the holy city of Varanasi.
- Apart from generating business opportunities for thousands of cow-based entrepreneurs/farmers/ women entrepreneurs, the use of cow-dung products will lead to a cleaner and healthier environment.
- It will help in making Gaushalas ‘Atma Nirbhar’ too. By providing an environment-friendly alternative to Chinese-made Diyas, the campaign will boost up Make in India's vision and mission of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and also promote the ‘Swadeshi’ movement while reducing environmental damage.
About Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog
- Union Finance Minister in 2019’s interim budget had announced that Rs 750 crore would be allocated for the Rashtriya Gokul Mission. Under the scheme, a ‘Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog’ would be set up.
- The Aayog will work in collaboration with Veterinary, Animal Sciences or Agriculture University or departments or organizations of the Central/State Government engaged in the task of research in the field of breeding and rearing of cow, organic manure, biogas, etc.
- It will take up scientific activities for genetic up-gradation and the increasing productivity of cows.
- It will provide the policy framework and direction to the cow conservation and development programs in the country and for ensuring proper implementation of laws with respect to the welfare of cows.