Puri Heritage Corridor (#GS I)
- The Puri heritage corridor in Odisha is being constructed at a cost of Rs 800 crore.
About the Project:
- The Puri Heritage Project, which began in 2016, aims to transform the holy city of Puri into a global tourism destination through the implementation of 22 individual initiatives in stages.
- Puri Lake will be renovated, and the Musa River will be revitalised as part of the project, which is funded by the state government's Augmentation of Basic Amenities and Development of Heritage and Architecture in Puri (ABADHA) scheme.
Puri Temple Information:
- Puri Jagannath Shrine is a Hindu temple in Puri, Odisha, dedicated to Jagannath, a manifestation of Sri Krishna. It was established in the 12th century by King Anatavarman Chodaganga Deva of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty.
- The 'Yamanika Tirtha' of Jagannath Puri temple is where, according to Hindu traditions, Lord Jagannath's presence nullified the power of 'Yama,' the god of death, in Puri.
- This shrine is part of the Char Dham pilgrimages and is known as the "White Pagoda" (Badrinath, Dwaraka, Puri, Rameswaram).
- Every year at the Puri temple, the Ratha Yatra, or chariot festival, takes place, during which the three principal deities are transported in massive, ornately painted temple carriages.
Preliminary Exam Hot-Link:
- The Puri Jagannath Shrine is a Hindu temple in the Indian city of Puri.
- Nagara is an architectural style.
- The Puri Rath Yatra is an Indian pilgrimage to Puri.
- The Puri heritage route
Source : THE INDIANEXPRESS.