Prerak Dauur Samman
Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched the toolkit for Swachh Survekshan 2021, the sixth edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India conducted by the MoHUA. The Ministry has also announced a new category of awards titled ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ as part of Swachh Survekshan 2021.
- The Prerak Dauur Samman has a total of five additional sub-categories – Divya (Platinum), Anupam (Gold), Ujjwal (Silver), Udit (Bronze), Aarohi (Aspiring) – with top three cities being recognised in each.
- In a departure from the present criteria of evaluating cities on ‘population category’, this new category will categorise cities on the basis of six select indicator wise performance criteria which are as follows
- Segregation of waste into Wet, Dry and Hazard categories,
- Processing capacity against wet waste generated,
- Processing and recycling of wet and dry waste,
- Construction & Demolition (C&D) waste processing,
- Percentage of waste going to landfills,
- Sanitation status of cities.