Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Pariyojana
#GS2 #HEALTH #POLICIES
Pharma products worth Rs 358 crore sold through Jan Aushadhi stores during the first seven months of this fiscal (up to Oct 31st ).
Likely to surpass sales of Rs 600 crore for the entire fiscal year against Rs 419 crore in 2019-20.
- It is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- It seeks to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through special kendra’s known as Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
- Initially launched in 2008, the scheme was rechristened in 2015.
- Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) is the implementing agency of PMBJP.
- BPPI (Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India) has been established under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. of India, with the support of all the CPSUs.