Regional Outreach Bureau (ROB) & Press Information Bureau (PIB) organised a webinar on “POSHAN Abhiyaan– Sahi Poshan Desh Roshan”.
- It was started by the Government of India in 2018.
- The program is also called National Nutrition Mission.
- Poshan Abhiyaan intends to reduce health issues like stunting, undernutrition and Anemia (among young children, women and adolescent girls).
- They also aims to reduce low birth weight by 2%, 2%, 3% and 2% per annum respectively.
- The program has set the target to bring down stunting among children in the age group 0-6 years from 38.4% to 25% by 2022.