ONE NATION ONE STANDARD MISSION
#GS3 #ECONOMY #BENCHMARKING
Recently in news
The Research Design and Standards Organisation (RDSO) became the primary Institution to be declared Standard Developing Organisation (SDO) under the "One Nation One Standard" mission.
- To attain the One Nation One Standard goal, BIS has launched a scheme that gives for the popularity of SDO.
- Recognition of RDSO as SDO will help within the implementation of National Standards and creating a Brand India identity.
- RDSO is that the sole R&D Wing of the Ministry of Railways, and one among India’s leading Standard formulating bodies.
One Nation One Standard Mission
- It is a scheme that gives for “Recognition of SDO”.
- It is an initiative of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- The idea was first conceived in 2019 on the road of ‘one nation one ration card’.
- Not have to be compelled to go abroad to urge the standard certification.
- Lab testing in India should be of world standards.
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- It is the sole national body that frames standards.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Act 2016 establishes the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) because the National Standards Body of India.
- It came into existence, through an Act of Parliament in 1987.
- It works under the aegis of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India.
- It is established for the harmonious development of the activities of standardization and marking and quality certification of products .
- BIS-Care App: Provides a platform to consumers for grievance redressal and feedback through the portal.
- Quality Control Orders (QCO): it's formulating the standards of manufactured products.