- Undersea Internet Cables
- DSIR-PRISM Scheme
Undersea Internet Cables
- Facebook and Google are planning two undersea internet cables named “Echo and Bifrost” to connect the US to Singapore and Indonesia.
- Echo will run from Eureka, California to Singapore, with a stop-over in Guam, and thereto in Indonesia.
- Google is only investing in Echo, Facebook is investing in both cables.
- Need: The current COVID-19 pandemic across the globe has increased the need for reliable Internet access.
- And, this will provide vital new connections between the Asia-Pacific region and North America and increase the overall transpacific capacity by 70 percent.
- The Union Science And Technology Minister has inaugurated an awareness event for the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research - Promoting Innovations in Individuals, Startups, and MSMEs (DSIR-PRISM) at IIT Delhi.
- PRISM is an initiative of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) that aimed at transforming an individual innovator into a successful technopreneur by promoting, supporting, and funding implementable and commercially viable innovations created for society.
- Under PRISM, an innovator of the Indian nationality is provided technical, financial, and strategic assistance.
- It is implemented across the various sectors from energy to healthcare to waste management etc.