National Institutional Ranking Framework
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras was ranked the best higher education institution in the country for the third year in a row under the NIRF rankings by the Ministry of Education.
- The IITs dominated the overall rankings. They claimed seven of the top 10 positions.
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- It is a methodology adopted by the Ministry of Education,
- Launched in 2015
- Lays down the methodology to rank institutions across the country.
- The parameters of ranking include:
- Teaching, Learning and Resources,
- Research and Professional Practices,
- Graduation Outcomes,
- Outreach and Inclusivity and
- Credibility of the education institute can be built by the NIRF ranking.
- The data help students choose the best institution to enroll in.
- NIRF ranking promotes healthy competition among different universities and motivates them to better their functioning.