#GS1 #Geography #Rivers
The Nagpur Bench of the Bombay High Court observed that Industrialisation and urbanisation has reduced Nag river to a cursed lady by heavily polluting it.
About Nag River
- The Nag river flows through the city of Nagpur in Maharashtra.
- Nagpur city derives its name from the Nag river.
- Forming a part of the Kanhan-Pench river system, the Nag River originates in Lava hills near wadi.
- The river serves as drainage for Nagpur and as a result its ecosystem is heavily polluted by urban waste from the city.
- The Nag River Rejuvenation was cleared by National River Conservation Directorate in November 2019.