Mobile Virology Research and Diagnostics Laboratory (MVRDL)
DRDO in association with ESIC Hospital, Hyderabad and Private industry developed a Mobile Virology Research and Diagnostics Laboratory(MVRDL).
- The Mobile Viral Research Lab is the combination of a BSL 3 lab and a BSL 2 lab essential to carry out the activities.
- The labs are built as per WHO and ICMR Bio-safety standards to meet international guidelines.
- The system has built in electrical controls, LAN, Telephone cabling, and CCTV.
- The Mobile Lab will be helpful to carry out diagnosis of COVID-19 and also virus culturing for drug screening, Convalescent plasma derived therapy, comprehensive immune profiling of COVID-19 patients towards vaccine development early clinical trials specific to Indian population.
- The lab screens 1000-2000 samples per day. This lab can be positioned anywhere in the country, as per requirement.