India's first Cloud innovation centre
#GS3 #Technology #Development
To address societal challenges through digital innovation, NITI Aayog recently announced the establishment of a Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC) with Amazon Web Services (AWS)—the first of its kind in India. Cloud Innovation Center (CIC) is part of the AWS CIC Global Program.
- This is the first AWS CIC in India, the 12th around the world, and the first AWS CIC that will address societal challenges at a national level.
- The CIC joins a global network of AWS Public Sector Cloud Innovation Centers across Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Germany, South Korea, and the United States.
- The center will work to accelerate innovation in the areas of agriculture, healthcare and skill development.
- The CIC program provides an opportunity for government agencies, non-profits, and educational institutions, to come together on pressing challenges, apply design thinking, test new ideas, and access the technology expertise of AWS.
- Any nonprofit, education or government organization can apply to work on a challenge.
- Public sector organizations around the world use cloud technology to innovate in a fast and agile manner, address problems at scale, and transform public services for citizens.
- Cloud Innovation Centers (CIC) program is designed to be a catalyst for innovation in the public sector, by bringing together technology experts to address challenges.
- Local enterprises, startups, researchers, and universities in India will experiment and build prototypes on AWS Cloud, and contribute along with the global CIC community dedicated to accelerating societal innovation.
- The NITI Aayog Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC) with AWS will bring together government stakeholders, startups, and local organizations in India to innovate and create new approaches to solving problems.
- India is expecting to achieve transformational economic and societal impact, and look forward to sharing global experiences to accelerate digital innovation in the country.