Goa is first to turn virus-free
All seven cases test negative, but no time for complacence, says Chief Minister
- Goa became the first zero COVID-19 State in the country with the last seven cases also testing negative.
- This makes Goa the first green State in the country with no case of COVID-19 being reported from April 3.
- The coastal State had a total of seven positive cases, of whom six had travel history and one was the brother of a patient.
- Goa is now COVID-19-free, all seven patients have tested negative. They will be quarantined at government facility and later at home. Goa has in all tested over 800 people of whom seven had come positive.
- The lockdown will continue till the Central government decides. Our borders with Maharashtra and Karnataka will continue to remain sealed. Anyone entering the State under special circumstances will have to stay in a government quarantine centre.
- Two-wheelers will have a single occupant and 1,000 thermal guns will be positioned at various places.
- On the issue of seafarers, the Centre would be announcing the repatriation mechanism any time.
- Once the government makes the mechanism official, it will take about 3-4 days for the first lot of seafarers to return.
- Those already at Indian ports or closest to the coast will return first. For the rest, discussions are on whether it would be the sea route or air route that would be taken to get them back.
- All these seafarers would be subjected to quarantine followed by home quarantine. Goa has made available 8,000 rooms for Goan seafarers.