Chief Labour Commissioner (Central) met the top management of Mathura refinery, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, PGCIL, GAIL, senior officers frim SBI, PNB, BOB & Arabrat and Trade Union leaders and also had media interactions here today to sensitize them about the features and benefits of the recently launched e-SHRAM portal for creating a national database of unorganized sector workers.
- e-SHRAM portal was developed by Ministry of Labour & Employment
- The objective of this portal is to develop a National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW).
- It will be linked with Aadhaar.
- It will have details like name, occupation, address, educational qualification, skill types and family details of the workers.
- This helps in better realisation of their employability.
- It can also extend the benefits of the social security schemes to them.
- e-SHRAM is the first national database of unorganised workers including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, etc.