Dhutra-Bamra 3rd line completes:
#GS2 & GS3#Governance #science and Technology
The third Line between Dhutra and Bamra (27.9 km) in Chakradharpur Division of South Eastern Railway (SER) has been completed .
- This is a part of the important third line project between Rourkela-Jharsuguda (101 km) on Howrah-Mumbai main line and was sanctioned in the year 2015-16.
- The present estimated cost is Rs.1312.93 crore. The third Line between Dhutra-Bamra has been completed at a cost of Rs. 362 crore.
- With the Howrah-Mumbai trunk route witnessing heavy growth of rail traffic, this third line project became essential.
- The existing main line has become fully saturated due to which the operation of Passenger and Freight train services have become extremely difficult as well as complicated.
- With a view to provide additional line capacity, to ease the congestion and for more mobility of freight and passenger train movement, this third line project is given high priority.