#GS3 #Economy #MSME #GS2 #Governance
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today launched the technology platform CHAMPIONS which stands for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength.
- As the name suggests the portal is basically for making the smaller units big by solving their grievances, encouraging, supporting, helping and handholding. It is a real one-stop-shop solution of MSME Ministry.
- This ICT based system is set up to help the MSMEs in present difficult situation and also to handhold them to become national and international champions.
Detailed objectives of CHAMPIONS:
- Grievance Redressal: To resolve the problems of MSMEs including those of finance, raw materials, labor, regulatory permissions etc particularly in the Covid created difficult situation;
- To help them capture new opportunities: Including manufacturing of medical equipments and accessories like PPEs, masks, etc and supply them in National and International markets;
- To identify and encourage the sparks: i.e. the potential MSMEs who are able to withstand the current situation and can become national and international champions.
- It is a technology packed control room-cum-management information system.
- In addition to ICT tools including telephone, internet and video conference, the system is enabled by Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
- It is also fully integrated on real time basis with GOI’s main grievances portal CPGRAMS and MSME Ministry’s own other web based mechanisms.
- The entire ICT architecture is created in house with the help of NIC in no cost.
- Similarly, the physical infrastructure is created in one of ministry’s dumping rooms in a record time.
- As part of the system a network of control rooms is created in a Hub & Spoke Model. The Hub is situated in New Delhi in the Secretary MSME’s office.
- The spokes are in the States in various offices and institutions of MSME Ministry. As of now, 66 state level control rooms are created and made functional.
- They are connected through video conference also in addition to the portal of Champions. A detailed standard operating procedure (SOP) has been issue to the officers and staff have been deployed and training has been conducted for them.