Centre seeks districtlevel plans
- The Union Health Ministry, directed States to make district wise prospective plans for the coming months to tackle COVID 19.
- Health Ministry directs States to make prospective blueprint to tackle COVID-19.
- Main issues discussed included widespread infection in densely populated urban areas, with areas that shared public amenities; importance of house tohouse surveys; prompt testing followed by prompt isolation and clinical management of cases and containment strategy to be implemented.
- The Health Minister has directed State officials to initiate measures in containment zones for case management and buffer zones surveillance activities, and the promotion of COVIDappropriate behaviour.
- He also advised that adequate planning for health infrastructure should be taken up; adequate number of surveillance teams must be provided and a system should be put in place for bed availability management.
- The Health Ministry has said areas that need constant attention included active house tohouse survey for timely detection, augmentation of the survey teams, effi cient ambulance management, efficient triaging of patients at the hospitals and bed management and clinical management of the hospitalised cases.
- Dismissing claims that wearing a mask leads to carbon dioxide retention, as far as lung capacity is concerned, All India Institute of Medical Sciences director Randeep Guleria said with a mask even pre symptomatic persons may be saved from spreading the infection.