BBMP launches health line
#GS3 #Pandemic #COVID-19
Free teleconsultations, counselling to be offered by 42 doctors
- Given the COVID-19 situation in Bengaluru city, citizens are finding it difficult to get routine health services and consultation, while public and private healthcare facilities are not able to provide routine outpatient services, given the limitations due to the lockdown.
- The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), in collaboration with Bloomberg Philanthropies and Vital Strategies, has launched a health line (07447118949) through which teleconsultation services will be offered to citizens for their health-related issues.
- The health helpline was launched to offer medical consultations and counselling to citizens without them having to step out of their homes.
- The BBMP’s 42 doctors will be available for consultations on the health line. They will be working in four shifts and the health line would be open between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- All calls to the helpline will be routed to the doctors on duty by the call centre. Each caller will be given a unique ID.
- If during consultation, the doctors feel further investigation is required, a video call would be made to the patient.
- Meanwhile, the release also stated that this intervention will be in addition to the existing care and not for total substitution of regular OPD care.
- The doctors have been directed to necessarily elicit history of the case, progress and onset of symptoms and related medical conditions.