Atal Innovation Mission
#GS2 #GS1 #POLICIES AND INTERVENTIONS
Atal Innovation Mission- NITI Aayog
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Government of India’s flagship initiative to create and promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of our country.
- AIM’s objective is to develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy, provide platforms and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders, and create an umbrella structure to oversee the innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystem of the country.
- AIM’s initiatives have played an important contributory role in the advancement of India from a position of 81 in the Global Innovation Index in 2015 to a position of 48 in 2020
- AIM has adopted a holistic approach encompassing schools, universities, research institutions, industry, MSME, NGOs, Ministries, at district, state and national levels.
Major initiatives taken by AIM to date are:
- Atal Tinkering Labs-Creating problem-solving mindset across schools in India.
- Atal Incubation Centres-Fostering world class startups in universities, instituions, private sector adding new dimensions of outcomes based scale up and monitoring to existing incubator model.
- Atal New India Challenges-Fostering product and service innovations in the country with national socio economic impact and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministries/industry.
- Atal Community Innovation Centre- To stimulate community centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions of the country including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities and rural India
- ARISE-To stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
- Mentors of Change Mentor India Network – One of the largest voluntary national Mentor networks with specialists, individuals from industry and academia to support all the initiatives of the mission.
Building strategic Innovation partnerships with Public sector, Private Sector, Multinationals, and Global Country to Country Partnerships which include USA, UK, Germany, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Israel, Denmark, Australia to name a few
|Over the last five years India has jumped over 33 places from rank 81 to rank 48 in the Global Innovation Index rankings index. Atal Innovation Mission initiatives are key to further promoting the culture of innovation and giving expression to the innovative and entrepreneurial ideas of startups to enable development of one of the most Innovative Nations of the world.|
AIM’s mission is to create and promote a vibrant ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country. To this end, AIM’s holistic and umbrella framework, along with its organizational approach, is designed to spur the emergence of a nation of innovators and job-creators. Over the past four years, since its inception, AIM’s various initiatives have achieved notable successes.
Note: Notification for Appointment of New Mission Director for Atal Innovation Mission is released.