Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyna Yojna
The ESIC took the decision in its 182nd meeting held yesterday under the Chairmanship of Union Labour and Employment Minister.
- ESIC is implementing the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyna Yojna under which unemployment benefit is paid to the workers covered under Employees' State Insurance (ESI) Scheme.
- The ESIC has decided to extend the scheme for one more year upto 30th June next year. It has been decided to relax the existing conditions and the amount of relief for workers who have lost employment during the Covid-19 pandemic period.
- The eligibility criteria for availing the relief has also been relaxed.
- The payment of relief has been enhanced to 50 per cent of average of wages from earlier 25 percent of average wages payable upto maximum 90 days of unemployment.
- Instead of the relief becoming payable 90 days after unemployment, it shall become due for payment after 30 days.