7 new circles of Archaeological Survey of India
#GS1 #Art 7& Culture #ASI
The Ministry of Culture has announced 7 new circles of Archaeological Survey of India.
- The Ministry of Culture has taken this step in accordance with the Prime Minister’s call to facilitate and strengthen the process of preservation and registration of archaeological monuments along with registration of artefacts with self declaration.
- The Minister informed that new circles have been created in Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, West Bengal and Gujarat.
- Trichy, Raiganj, Rajkot, Jabalpur, Jhansi & Meerut have been announced as new circles.
- In Archaeology, the Hampi city in Karnataka is a place of international repute hence Hampi Mini Circle has been converted into a full fledged circle.
- Earlier there were 29 ASI circles across the country.