blog comments powered by
- WHO is the first global health organization, replacing many regional and national health bodies.
- It has 194-member countries, and its secretariat is in Geneva, Switzerland.
- It has the authority of directing and coordinating matters related to international health.
- World Health Assembly is the supreme decision-making body of WHO, attended by delegations from all member states.
- The Executive Board of WHO implements the decisions and policies of the World Health Assembly.