Approx. 28.93 lakhs berth remains Vacant in train type having flexi fare system within July-2019 to Feb-2020.
Flexi fare System:
1. Introduced by IRCTC it 2016 for 142 premium trains
2. The base price fare increases by Io Percent with every co percent berths sold.
3. Apply to all colors, except AC 1st class and executive class
Issue with this system
- Railways lost more than 700,000 Passengers and Revenue earned was Rs 552 crores. Railways has failed to Introduce the principles of Hikes and declines.
- Pricing was mostly Increasing during more demand but was not reducing during less demand.