ATAL INNOVATION INDEX
About the Atal Innovation Index:
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India is introducing the ‘Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) to systematically rank education institutions and universities primarily on innovation related indicators in order to ensure that innovation is the primary fulcrum of all HEIs.
- Higher Educational Institutions will benefit from ARIIA’s robust competition.
- To rank the most creative education institutions/universities in the globe, ARIIA takes into account all main indices that are regularly utilized around the world.
- ARIIA will focus on the quality of innovations rather than their quantity, and will attempt to quantify the true impact of these breakthroughs both nationally and internationally.
- ARIIA parameters to be focused on:
- Expenses and revenue generated by innovation and entrepreneurship development in the budget.
- Facilitating access to advanced centres and facilities, as well as a support system for entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurship begins with an idea.
- Ecosystems of Innovation Development Teaching and learning provide support.
- The most creative solutions Developed in-house to improve your institution’s governance.
- ARIIA’s purpose is to motivate Indian institutions to change their mindsets and create environments that promote high-quality research, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- Set the tone and direction for institutions’ future development in order to make them more globally competitive and innovative.
Source: THE HINDU.